Effective Date: July 23, 2013
Socialtyze collects personal information from you when you use the Service. This “Personal Information” may include, but is not limited to, the following:
1. First and Last Name
3. Email Address
4. Any information that you voluntarily submit to Socialtyze via your use of the Service, including, without limitation, through your account registration and user profile creation, such as your screen name/user name, profile image, details about you and your preferences, links to social media or other social network accounts and profiles;
5. Social media profile account information, namely Facebook Username and ID, as well as that of your friends/followers; and
6. Any payment information, including shopping cart preferences and related information.
You agree to inform Socialtyze of any changes to your Personal Information, and protect the security of your username, password, and Personal Information.
Socialtyze also collects personally identifiable information that can be automatically collected based upon your accessing and/or use of the Service. This “Personally Identifiable Information” may be considered part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other information identifiers in a way that allows you to be personally identified. However, some of this Personally Identifiable Information may be non-identifying when taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information. Personally Identifiable Information may include, but is not limited to, the following:
1. Your MAC and/or IP address;
2. Your geolocation and that of your access devices;
3. Your use of the Service, including, without limitation, frequency of use, statistics, functionality utilized, and pages visited;
4. Your mobile device information, including, without limitation, device type, ID, model number, operating system, application, and related information;
5. Your purchasing history and habits;
6. Information stored in cookies (flash and browser), pixel tags, or web beacons as well as log files;
7. Analytic data from Google Analytics; and
8. Any other additional analytic data made available through your use of the Service.
Via Social Networking Site
When you use a Socialtyze Service at a social networking site (“SNS”), including, without limitation, Facebook, you allow Socialtyze to access your profile information in accordance with the policies and terms of the SNS.
Such information may include, but is not limited to, the information detailed above as well as your first and last name, your profile picture, your SNS user ID and respective user IDs of your friends that are connected to the Service, your gender, your birthday, and your email address.
In addition, Socialtyze may use some or all of your profile information as part of the features of the Service, such as game invites. For example, your profile picture may be used in connection with an application so that others using the SNS may see your profile picture as they use that application. Additionally, Socialtyze may use your profile picture in emails sent to individuals you chose to contact to invite to use the Service. For example, Socialtyze may implement a feature so that each time you send a neighbor request or a game invite Socialtyze sends an email to that individual that includes your profile picture.
The information you allow Socialtyze to access is affected by the privacy settings that you have set at the SNS. You may control and learn more about these privacy settings at the applicable SNS.
Via Contests, Surveys and Other Activities
Socialtyze may collect information, such as your name, address, telephone number, demographic information and information about your tastes and preferences when you enter a contest or sweepstakes or participate in a survey or similar activity on our Service. Additionally, you may be required to provide other information if you are selected as a winner in a contest or drawing.
Via Cookies and Web Beacons
The Site uses “cookies,” which are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Our cookies are used to either identify you as a returning customer or improve the experience on our Service.
Socialtyze uses “Clear GIFs” to analyze traffic on the Site, and within HTML e-mails to determine whether the e-mails have been opened. Clear GIFs (also called Web Beacons, or Web Bugs) are small images embedded on web pages and in email communications.
We may use the information we collect to:
1. contact and communicate with you, whether through email, telephone, text message (subject to your permission under law), push notification or other message, about your use of the Service, such as to announce your sweepstakes winning;
2. transmit and process your information and actions within the Service;
3. customize and/or tailor the Service and your user experience;
4. provide you with information or services that may be of interest to you;
5. identify and suggest connections with other users, including through query of your social network friends/followers lists;
6. fulfill or respond to your requests, to process transactions, and to send you the communications you requested;
7. notify you about important changes to our policies or Service;
8. contact you regarding new and existing features, products and services, and special offers, promotions and events that we think you may find interesting and for other internal marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes;
9. advertise future marketing campaigns of third parties;
10. request feedback and to improve the Service and our product and service offerings, and develop new products and services;
11. provide technical and/or product service and support, including any updates;
12. store, archive, retrieve, and make copies of your User-Generated Content;
13. prevent and detect illegal activities or violations of our policies;
We may combine your Personal Information and/or Personally Identifiable Information and aggregate it with information collected from other users to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Service and to analyze and understand how our App Site and Service are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance, to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
We may also allow advertisers to collect such technical or aggregate information that they may share with us. Such information collected may be used for industry analysis, demographic profiling and to deliver targeted advertising.
We also use your Personal Information to contact you with Socialtyze’s and its marketing partners’ newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. Socialtyze may allow advertisers or other third party service providers to collect the same types of information and use the same for their own purposes.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
WE MAY ALSO SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES FOR THEIR OWN USE, SUBJECT TO THEIR SEPARATE POLICIES.
We may also share the following for purposes of tracking collective data as it relates to user behavior, opinions, and predictions, industry analysis, demographic profiling and to explore prospective sponsorships and/or partnerships, which may include behavioral advertising:
1. aggregate and Personally Identifiable Information, which may include your Personal Information;
2. anonymous information; and
3. technical information (including, without limitation, your IP/MAC addresses and mobile device information).
We may also share your Personal Information and/or Personally Identifiable Information with other individuals, businesses, and governmental entities, with your permission, or without your permission, in order to comply with a duly authorized subpoena, to comply with an applicable law or regulation, to protect Socialtyze, its employees, its property, or third parties, or where We have a good faith belief that it is necessary to avoid crime, illegal or harmful activity, or to protect the rights of Socialtyze or a third party.
California Residents: California residents have the right to receive information that identifies any third party companies or individuals that Socialtyze has shared your Personal Information with in the previous calendar year, as well as a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed to that third party. You may obtain this information once a year and free of charge by contacting Socialtyze consistent with the notice required below.
HOW TO UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your "user preferences" information as applicable. Otherwise, you may contact us consistent with the notice required below.
CHANGING OR DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
All users may review, update, correct or delete the information in their registration profile by changing the applicable information in their account settings or, for Services that are hosted on a SNS, by changing the applicable information in their profile page. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your record in our system, please contact us and we will attempt to accommodate your request if we do not have any legal obligation to retain the record. See below for privacy contact information.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION AND SECURITY
Socialtyze employs commercially reasonable administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored "personal data" (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on the Service in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information and we encourage members to think carefully about what information about themselves they disclose in their profile pages. You can review and revise your profile information at any time. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information and that you not use your real name as your username, since that would allow others to identify you. Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to Socialtyze. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication.
Despite both Socialtyze’s and your own efforts, no service on the Internet is completely safe. Therefore, you provide all such Personal Information at your own risk.
STORAGE AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER
Your Personal Information is stored and processed on computers in the United States and, through your use of the Service, you unequivocally consent to the processing and storage of your Personal Information within the United States. You understand and agree that We may continue to store your information after you cease use of the Service.
Your information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, Socialtyze transfers Personal Information to the United States and processes it there and your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.CHILDREN’S
ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION POLICY
The Service is not intended for or directed to users under the age of 13, and Socialtyze does not knowingly or intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 or other minors. Where appropriate, We take reasonable measures to determine that users are adults of legal age and to inform minors not to submit such information to the Service or in response to advertisements. If you are concerned that personal information may have been inadvertently provided to or collected by Socialtyze, please contact us immediately so appropriate steps may be taken to remove such information from Socialtyze services and database, if any. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.